- 1. Make sure you have your brake components and brake pads inspected at least once per year and, when necessary, have them replaced. If you require a brake inspection or replacement near Pottsville, PA, you can take a look at our current service coupons at Bob Weaver Auto and schedule an appointment today.
- 2. Check your brake fluid regularly. Your vehicle’s brake fluid is essential to transfer heat to all parts of the brake system and absorb water. If the fluid is a dark color, it may be time to have it replaced.
- 3. Listen and watch for warning signs. These may include unusual noises, strange brake response, and an abnormal feeling when you press on the brakes, and they may indicate a dangerous problem that you should have checked out right away.
- 4. While driving, try coasting to slow down before applying brakes whenever possible. This helps to preserve your car’s brakes by putting less pressure on them.
- 5. Avoid braking when cars ahead of you brake unnecessarily. For example, if they are following too closely to the vehicle ahead of them. Slow down and keep a great distance behind them, not only to preserve your brakes, but also for safety purposes.
- 6. Invest in good, reliable brakes. They may cost a little bit extra, but they will make a big difference in the long run in terms of efficiency, safety, and durability.
Need More Help with your Brakes?
If you are interested in additional information about how to take care of your car brakes and make them last longer, feel free to get in touch with our team at Bob Weaver Auto or reach out to your local auto mechanic. We look forward to helping you
maintain your brakes!